Just Me asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have a picture like this or bigger?

Of the gymnasts people are saying are younger than 16? And are they competing, or did they get disqualified. Who here thinks they're really 16.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/blueeyedba...

Any bigger pictures or better where you can see what they look like better, but from that pic there's no doubt in my mind, there's no way they look 16. My boyfriend's 12 year old cousin looks their age.

Update:

To jlk: i know the rules and have 2 good friends (twins) who were in junior olympics so i know theyre very small, but thats just crazy. 4'7 and 75 lbs? and I'd still like a bigger pic so I can see bigger

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh I know lol they look incredibly young.

I would say they could pass for 10 year olds.

I think they just look young though.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

All gymnasts must be 16 or over by the end of that competing year - for example a gymnast can be 16 on 31/12/2008 and still qualify for 2008 Beijing. As the mother of an elite gymnast - these girls are traditionally small in stature, their tight muscle banding and regimented diet suppresses bodily development but they have a very mature attitude towards their gym & the job they need to do. Plus the IOC has a super strict policy on age....... out of interest there is a German woman gymnast who is aged 33 & is a mother & still competing vault - she is tiny!

• 1 decade ago

16 to 20 year old

• 1 decade ago

they look like they are about 18 or 19!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.