How can I become flexible.

I am a competitive dancer and i am probably the least flezible person you will ever see. I made a goal for myself to become a super flexy by 2009. I want to be able to pull my legs in any sort of direction. I need some ways to make me become flexible, i dont care if it hurts or what. I dont want answers like... show more I am a competitive dancer and i am probably the least flezible person you will ever see. I made a goal for myself to become a super flexy by 2009. I want to be able to pull my legs in any sort of direction. I need some ways to make me become flexible, i dont care if it hurts or what. I dont want answers like pilates or yoga. if you have ever done slidey splits on the barre or atleast know what that is, those are the kind of answers i want. slidey splits are you put either leg on the barre and while the leg is still on the barre you slide into your splits so it looks like your doing splits midair but one leg on the ground.
please help
Update: mk. well i have been dancing for 11 years. i think i know i need to stretch everyday! not make my muscle flexible. i need to make my hips flexible. you cannot accomplish that from just streching and doing splits. sure you can get your splits down and leap well. but can you pull you leg to your head after you get... show more mk. well i have been dancing for 11 years. i think i know i need to stretch everyday! not make my muscle flexible. i need to make my hips flexible. you cannot accomplish that from just streching and doing splits. sure you can get your splits down and leap well. but can you pull you leg to your head after you get them down. no.