A question to Catholics who pray to the Saints and Mary

Ok, so I've looked into this a little. I've heard several people say that Catholics don't worship the saints/Mary, but instead pray that they will intercede on their behalf to God. Right? So I've looked up the definition of interceding and this is what it says. : to intervene between parties with a view to... show more Ok, so I've looked into this a little. I've heard several people say that Catholics don't worship the saints/Mary, but instead pray that they will intercede on their behalf to God. Right? So I've looked up the definition of interceding and this is what it says.

: to intervene between parties with a view to reconciling differences : mediate

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionar...

So then it links me to "mediate" right?

Doesn't the Bible say in 1 Tim 2:5-6 (NIV) that "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men–the testimony given in its proper time."

And does Jesus not say in John 14:6 "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I would think that the "except through me" part of it emphasises that it's through Jesus alone.

So if there is one mediator between us and the Father, and Jesus says that no one comes to the Father but through Him, wouldn't that mean that going to anyone else, such as the saints/Mary, while it may not be worshiping them, it's still not effective because they are not the mediator(s)? Yes I'm aware these things are referring mainly to salvation, but would these also not be references showing that Jesus is it and only Him as the mediator?

Just for clarification, I'm not asking this to be mean/spiteful. I truly want to understand why Catholics do what they do.
Update: Also. Can anyone provide scripture from the Bible that would indicate that the saints/Mary would be intercessors for us?