Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Manny Ramirez wants to become a Yankee in 2009.

Favorite Answer

That's Funny he said he wanted to be a Dodger

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=351...

No one will or can agree on this Yankee fans & Non couldnt & will not agree on it....but the facts are people, who can sing him? Who has a need for him? Who can afford him? Where do problem players go & usually straten up? Where did Manny grow up? Where does he play harder than any other ball park? Who is having the "DH" contract end this year & dont have another one comming? Manny cant play the outfield that is a givin, but he can hit the ball a mile. Manny protecting A-Rod would be just as big as Manny protecting Ortiz. With Manny in the lineup as DH it is unstopable.

I really do feal Manny left Boston & went anywhere so he could sign with the Yankees next year. It is the only logical fit. The Yankees are shedding alot of money this Year, just Giambi contract would pay for Manny. True they will be looking at CC but so will everybody else. The Yankees will also be looking at Texiria, but again so will everybody else. As always the Yankees will be looking to spend big to plug holes. There is nobody they got to fill the holes at first or DH which spells free agency, there are two HUGE names out there. And nobody would pass up a CC chance. Manny is going to go to New York i think that is pretty much a given.

As a Sox fan, i'd elect to work out the Yanks make investments a hundred million funds on a 37 year previous outfielder. The extra bonus stands out as the Yanks dropping 2 draft options to the Dodgers for such an idiotic pass. I doubt the Ca$hman would try this, yet he won't additionally be the GM after the Yanks do no longer make the playoffs this year.

I have a better chance of being a Yankee next year than Manny Ramirez. If they do sign that bum, I'm switching to the next-closest big-league ballclub. (I'm in Central Jersey, so that would be the Phillies.)

if he does, that will be a big kick in the pants to the Red sox. Bitten by their own snake so to speak.

but really...manny is acting like a spoiled child. "I want to play for the Yankees?" yeah, who wouldn't. he will take what he can get like everybody else.

I hope he is a Yankee

I'm a Yankee fan, and I can tell you that I don't want him.

the yankees are not going to sign him

i would like that yankees would be awsome with manny and give revenge to the dumb red soxs

• Tulip

oh yea, well HA!

He 'wants' to become a Yankee, but it will never happen.