Best yarn type for knitting socks

i recently started knitting socks and i love doing it. it's fun and i can always wear the product. so now i am getting started making lots of socks for christmas presents ( i have a lot of people to make them for lol!!) for the socks i made for my mom and me i used this very expensive but gorgeous and soft... show more i recently started knitting socks and i love doing it. it's fun and i can always wear the product. so now i am getting started making lots of socks for christmas presents ( i have a lot of people to make them for lol!!) for the socks i made for my mom and me i used this very expensive but gorgeous and soft japanese wool. i'd like to use something cheaper but still nice and easy to work with for everyone else.

can you recomend a good brand for me? i'd like the skeins to not be more than about 5 USD.