Can you eat spicy food while pregnant?

I have been craving spicy food, mainly chinese, and it taste sooooo good.

This dosn't hurt the baby? A couple hours later baby decides to kick alot lol.

Best Answer

Spicy food won't hurt your baby at all, you are so lucky I can't eat mexican food at all without getting nauseous and I get heartburn when I eat chinese. Enjoy some for me!

• Andree

I ate spicy foods throughout my entire pregnancy and had no problem with heartburn or anything. A few people randomly said to me " You are pregnant! You should not be eating spicy food!" I always replied: "Why not?" I asked a Jamaican friend if women in the Caribbean stopped eating spicy during their pregnancies and she laughed like crazy! She said "Why would anyone do that???"

Yum!! Chinese food sounds awesome!!! Mexican sounds good...and steak...oh - chili dogs, mmmmm. LOL.

I think spicy food is absolutely okay; I've never heard otherwise. (Unless you are or were already on a restricted diet) Eating anything makes my little one move every time, it's so cool. Watch out for heartburn though. That can really be a pain. And burping. Boy do I burp.

Go get that Chinese and enjoy!!!!!

You are pregnant-not sick. Eat what you want to eat. The only things to steer away from is anything with mercury-some fish, raw fish-like sushi, alcohol, cat poop. The only thing spicy foods might do is give you heartburn which can be uncomfortable.

Source(s): Mommy of 2
  • PK211

Spicy food won't hurt the baby. And the baby is probably getting a "taste" of the spicy food and apparently he likes it...he's kicking with joy.

Congrats.

Spicy food is fine. I wanted it all the time with the last pregnancy. Of course, you may want to have a bottle of Tums nearby for the aftermath :D, but otherwise there's no problem.

No, it won't hurt the baby. I ate alot of spicy things when I was pregnant too. If that's what you crave, that must be what the baby wants! :) He kicks because he's happy with the meal! Congrats on the bundle of joy!

i ate spicy and hot foods like crazy when i was pregnant. my baby turned out just fine. some women have bad heartburn, but if it doesn't bother you, then do it. enjoy!!!

it is soooo good but will give you a mean heart burn/acid reflux. i'm Caribbean and alot of our foods are spicy, it's been rough on me with the heart burn and acid reflux but does not harm the baby.

Good Luck!

My wife did, but she also was prescirbed Nexium for the overpowering heartburn that followed.