but what does the "20/20" mean?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Brian
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

MD = Mogan David, the wine company

20/20 = Supposedly it's made/bottled by the 20/20 wine company, but you'd be hard pressed to find any company with that name that isn't just a division of Mogen David on paper.

Note that this is not TwentyTwenty Wine Merchants, that's a different company.

"Mad Dog" is just a nickname given to it because it's such an awful fortified wine.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

20 20 Wine

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why do they call it mad dog 20/20?

what does the "20/20" mean?

Source(s): call mad dog 20 20: https://shortly.im/LxpI3
  • 5 years ago

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aUAlB

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because when you drink MD 20/20, you think your vision is 20/20 for a while until that evil buzz kicks in and you realize you're totally shitfaced.

• 1 decade ago

because your vision will be effected.

20/20 means perfect as in vision.

joke of the 90s was with preservatives in foods, drinks.. that you'd get macular and 20/20 vision would be effected.

not a conspiracy, a sales tactic once. but not any longer.

just some i see are still pulling that.. no one believes it nor is it important but.. high concentrates of sugar can effects the circulartory system.

Source(s): the MD means, macular degeneration. old joke... until now that is.. since md is a common visual disease of the macular.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well, its MD 20/20 on the package, MD stands for Morgan David, but since its a powerful wine that you can easily go overboard on, they call it Mad Dog... just a nickname

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cause it makes you mad as a dog and your vision is not 20/20

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It makes you feel more macho, when you've lost your driving privileges and have to drive around on a scooter at the age of 45+ and really love your MD 20/20. LOL!

;)

• 4 years ago

Actually, it s because the stuff was originally sold in 20-oz bottles and had 20% alcohol. Neither is true today, but they didn t bother to change the name.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.