Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

The Saints will win the NFC South?

I'm sick of hearing how good the Saints are and how they are going to win the NFC South. Wow they were a borderline good team last year with an 8-8 record. The year before they were 10-6 and everyone had them going to the superbowl. I just don't get it. Until this team learns how to play defense they have no credibility in my opinion. So what, you guys got Jeremy Shockey, an overpayed, overrated and selfish tight end who got out of New York before he lost his starting job!

What are your thoughts on the Saints this year? And can anyone give me 5 convincing reason why they are going to win their division this year (and don't say because they have a good offense, cause it's not that good.)?

Best Answer

Apparently you didn't follow our offseason, much. You knew about Shockey, but not about Jonathan Vilma, Sedrick Ellis, Bobby McCray, and Randall Gay on the defensive end.

1. Two additions to the defensive line get more pressure on the QB, which results in better coverage, better field positions, and turnovers.

2. There are numerous weapons on the offensive end, opening up even more opportunities.

3. About the 8-8 record, if we start off not losing the first 4, and, let's say win 2 of the 4, and have a solid rest of the season, we're back at 10-6.

4. The NFC South is weak.

5. Easy Schedule.

And a good offense is important. It's not like defense, ONLY wins championships. You've got to be well rounded.

The Saints finished 7-9 last year, not 8-8. I think the Saints will finish better, but as a long time AINTS fan, they will choke as usual. They don't usually have a good winning record at home, so maybe 9-7 or 10-6 at best which unfortunately will be enough to win the NFC South. Shockey will be the Saints version of Randy Moss when he was with Oakland.

It relies upon on the overall performance of the different NFC South communities, and the overall performance of the Saints. If the Saints win each and every interest for something of the season, or the different nfc south communities lose continuously, then i think of they have a raffle.

O.K., Let me guess, you are probably a Cowpuke fan or a Patriot fan because they win.I am sorry if you jumped on the Saints bandwagon and they didn't win, I am a Saints fan from day one, I don't say we're going to the SB, but every new season "Hope springs eternal." It is my hope that I live long enough to see them in the SB. The year you are talking about we were 1 game away from the SB and lots of people jumped on the wagon. Sorry they shook you off, but we real Saints fans will continue to pull for them year after year, win or lose.

Defense wins championships the question is do the Saints have a decent one and I think that is a big enough reason on it's own.

They will win the South, the Conference and possibly the Super Bowl.

Buy your tickets NOW!

http://www.saferhorseracing.com/gpage19.html

You might even want to place a wager.

http://www.saferhorseracing.com/gpage11.html

Maybe just a hair above average. They simply dont have the defense to compete with teams like Dallas.

They may not go to the Superbowl but they will have a better season than Tampa Bay.

The saints love USC!!

Source(s): Fight On!! Root for USC USC is the best team EVER!!!!

the saints are going to the super bowl, they already bought there tickets.