Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

does the nintendo ds touch screen break easily

I want to know cuz if it does, I needed to know where to fix it.

sorry for not explaining which of the DS. I plan to buy the DS lite so yea I just hope it doesn't get too bad.

Favorite Answer

If you use it correctly and don't press down too hard on the screen then no, you've no chance of breaking it. A screen protector with help against scratches which are inevitable however.

I believe if the screen breaks you can go to Best Buy or wherever you bought it and buy a replacement screen, but you have to replace it on your own. You could probably find a guide on the internet somewhere.

Google "ds touch screen replacement" without the quotes and you might find something.

Hope that helped.

as far as i know not many ppl have had the touch screen break but it also depends on what you mean break and also which ds. the original or the lite? i havent heard anything on the original but as for the lite there have been problems of dust/crumbs getting in the corners and messing up the calibration of the screen. if you dont still have the year warrenty for your ds lite then you'll have to fix it yourself. some say they have fixed it by just using a toothpick and cleaning the sides. if it does come to the extreme and the screen breaks all together, and you dont have a warrenty, then you will need to fix it yourself. youtube has plenty of videos on how to fix it but it is a bit complicated for beginners. best bet would be to look around for someone who will fix it for you. i dont know if any big companies such as best buy or circuit city will but maybe you can find a little shop that will.

all in all best you can do is get screen protectors and keep your ds closed when eating/when not in use. remember the warrenty that comes when you buy a new ds lite lasts for 1 year

Source(s): DS Lite owner

No I've had mine ever since it was first released and I go on it a lot and the screen isn't even scratched. Mines the massive grey f****r so it might be a bit tougher than the Lite one. Hmmm.

Well I don't think it will break easily - but it can scratch really easy if you don't take care of it enough.

Screen protectors are a good idea - I didn't get one and my screen is all messed up.

no- it is really strong- iv had mine for ages- but if your worried you can buy a protector really cheaply. This also makes the screen waterproff so u dont have to worry if u spill something on it accidently.

it really is a fantastically sturdy show, as longer as your now unlikely finished ability stabbing it, it gained't ruin. Espesially for Pokemon Ranger, your urgent and circling a gaggle of situations, and my show remains in ideal condition.

no never had any probs with the ones i have