Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

My Sisters Keeper?????????

Is their any...

connotation

symbolism

alliteration

diction

or juxtaposition.... in the novel My Sister's Keeper?

i've read the book, so i dont need someone to tell me what the back cover says

Favorite Answer

Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate - a life and a role that she has never questioned… until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister - and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable… a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves. My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life… even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Is it worth trying to discover who you really are, if that quest makes you like yourself less?

I can understand the parents wanting a child to save another BUT

You have to stop and think about what this has done to Anna - The life saver - She really hasn't got much of a life. I think it would be a very hard decision for parent's to make re Anna.