My Grand-son now lives in Houston

My little grand-son of English stock, now lives in Texas, like all grandsons he is a bit of a tearaway, but has recently taken up, DJing. He is on www.hffm.co.uk as DJ Carter. Have you listened to this station. Considering he has lived in US just a few years He has a distinctive american accent, and I cannot... show more My little grand-son of English stock, now lives in Texas, like all grandsons he is a bit of a tearaway, but has recently taken up, DJing. He is on www.hffm.co.uk as DJ Carter. Have you listened to this station. Considering he has lived in US just a few years He has a distinctive american accent, and I cannot understand him any more, Is this a true accent, for such a short time?
Update: William K. This is not SPAM. The question is genuine. The MINI radio stn has only 60 teenage members, so back off. report the rubbish leave the intelligent alone
Update 2: The base of my question related to "Adopted " accents, in a short time., and since he has only been in Texas 2yrs, I can' understand him when I tune in to the link
Update 3: The boy is English.