I weigh 240 pounds, how can i lose some weight?

I have a big problem following diets, but I love running and exercising.

Can I lose weight by eating so so, and running and working out?

Best Answer

I was there too man. at 6'1" and over 300 pounds you can imagine I was quite the lady killer, literally... ;-) I'm nicely slimmed down at 209 Lbs.

Weight loss doesn't, as so many people say, come down to the old fashioned calorie in/calorie out formula. Before this is shot down, let me tell you why. Laboratory test that measure calories burn the test subject to obtain a caloric value.

While this may give a net sum of the energy that is in a piece of food, your body treats this food quite differently. Firstly, your body doesn't burn the food. Secondly, caloric intake is directly determined by how much your intestines absorb. Thirdly, related to absorption, the amount of food you absorb depends on how well you chew your food.

Case and point, swallow a handful of almonds without chewing them. Careful, don't choke! Now in your upcoming trip to the toilet for a #2, you will notice a lot of whole almonds heading on down the pike there. It is plainly obvious you've obtained very few calories from those almonds.

Now with that said, if you were to drink a bottle of honey, there is a good chance that most of that will be absorbed and "counted" as calories. So again, the concept I'm developing here is that not all "calories" are created equal.

In losing weight, there are a few key things that you have to look at in your diet. Number 1 in the list is SUGAR. It is evil, it is poison. "He's crazy!" you're thinking. Wait a moment, let me explain. When I say sugar, I mean processed, refined, SUGAR. Corn Syrups, white cane sugars, and yes, even honey.

Sugar triggers the fat storage. It's great for quick fuel if you're a high energy burning athlete, but if you're overweight, there is a good chance that is not your category...

Remove all white bread and pasta from your diet, and start looking for whole grain anything. Lots of fiber.

If you need to sweeten, avoid all sugar substitutes, NO DIET COLAS, and drink plenty of water. There is a great natural alternative to sweeten your foods and drinks. One is stevia. I tried stevia, but for some reason it had no sweetening effect to me. The second natural, low glycemic sweetening agent that I highly recommend is Agave Nectar.

Agave nectar tastes like a good honey, but has a very low glycemic index (how fast you body absorbs the sugars). Here is a good link where I buy agave nectar by the gallon:

http://www.wildorganics.net/index.asp?Category=65&...

Anyhow, with your sugar intake corrected, the next thing, and most important is to watch your portion size, and meal frequency. I have found that the north american lifestyle really plugs your body up with too much food. All the time, eating and snacking. And when you're not eating and snacking, you're thinking about eating and snacking.

In losing over 100 Lbs. the two most important factors in losing weight were portion size, and getting rid of all sugar drinks. I moved over to unsweetened green/black tea blend or just water.

Now diet is only part of the picture. Exercise is also important. In my case, I lost my first 60 Lbs. with diet change alone, but there will come a point where you will begin to slow down on the weight loss. This is when exercise begins to play a more important role.

One very important thing, don't go for aerobic exercise. I don't care what anyone tells you. Focus on weight training/muscle building. The amount of muscle you have is a large factor in how much calories you burn just sitting still. Yes, biking and stair climbing have their place in endurance training, but don't think biking alone will help you maintain weight loss. Pick up muscle weight and you're assured to keep off the pounds.

Source(s): The school of hard knocks...

1

Source(s): Burn weight fast with this... https://nimbleurl.com/?exx8h

There are more tips and info. Some say low carb. Some say high carb. Some say it's how much food. Some say it's how much exercise. But none of these covers the whole picture. How to lose weight naturally is not rocket science. It just takes accepting the facts of these seven natural laws of weight loss, plus good old-fashioned stick-to-itiveness. Seven Laws of How to Lose Weight Naturally 1. Make a commitment to whatever it takes. 2. Start from a foundation of happiness. 3. Design your own healthy diet plan. 4. Manage your emotions. 5. Find a way to exercise daily. 6. Keep a Journal. 7. Be persistent. Good Luck and Take care :-)

I have been in your situation just recently. On 8/1/06 I weighed in at 215 lbs. On that day I decided to make a change in my life for the better. I set a goal to reach 140 lbs. Right now as of today 8/10/08, I now weigh 174 lbs. That all came from me changing my eating habits. I don't like to use the word "diet". To me that is the definition word meaning failure. I walk 2 miles a day (5-6) a week and ride my bike along with my motivator (my husband). I drink plenty of water, juices and ice tea. I use to be a pepsi "addict", drinking 4-6 cans a day. All that changed when I decided to make the change. You can do anything you put your mind to, but it has to start with you. Oh by the way, so-so is not going to do it, its either the right way or no way to see results. Keep working out and running because at least you have a jump start. Good Luck.

Lower the intake of food, eat healthier food for what intake you do have, and plenty of exercise will do wonders. It's all about taking in less and getting rid of more - the essence of losing weight. Of course there are more complicated things like carbs, proteins, etc.... Ask someone else for that stuff. =)

Be blue! Weirdly, azure shades have been proven to experience a positive effect on your will to exercise regularly and refrain from bad foods. So, wear glowing blue, eat from blue plates and watch the pounds drop off!

You can lose weight by exercising but you still have to make sure your calorie intake is still less than the calories you burn. So, you still have to watch what you eat and track the calories.

Here's an article that may help you determine the right calorie intake

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/calorie-intake....

Be blue! Weirdly, azure shades have been proven to get a positive effect on your can to exercise regularly and withstand bad foods. So, wear blue, eat from blue plates watching the pounds drop off!

Music making you eat more. According to a survey by the journal Psychology in addition to Marketing, soft, classical tunes encourage someone to take time over your meal, so you consume more foodstuff. So, switch off – silence could make you more aware of what you’re applying your mouth.

People who embark on a weight-loss journey using a partner are 37 per cent prone to stick with it than individuals who go it alone, according to a recent study from Indiana University in the usa.