* A black widow tattoo doesn't really have a set meaning. It's not a prison tattoo, nor is it discriminatory.
* It can represent the female aspect as the female tattoo is renowned for eating the male after mating.
* A black widow tattoo symbolizes independence - the arch angel of vengeance. She will always be alone, because she can never truly love (after they mate, they kill their mate); a symbol of dark twisted love.
* No matter how strong a man could be, there will always be a woman that will destroy him or a black widow.
* Black widows don't always kill their mate, just sometimes.
* I'd say that the black widow tattoo represents the lethal, dark side of love. Once she is done mating, the black widow devours her mate. It's Mother Nature's way of saying that the only thing a male is good for is siring offspring!
They say a black widow picks her mate carefully, they pick which males will make strong offspring (which you cant deny MANY females do...) she will then kill her mate because she wants the strongest offspring, so she kills so he cannot mate again.
Could possibly represent jealousy in a tattoo? Or a sort of maternal love?
My inner feelings? To me it symbolises the death of love, when a person - especially a woman does not want to trust another man again due to losing the love of their life to betrayal.
wikianswers & my own personal opinion.
· 1 decade ago