Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Black Widow Spider tattoos?

Does anyone know the meaning of a black widow spider tattoo?

I know there could be thousands but I'm looking for folklore and mythology specifically.

Or just your own inner feelings are okay too...

Favorite Answer

* A black widow tattoo doesn't really have a set meaning. It's not a prison tattoo, nor is it discriminatory.

* It can represent the female aspect as the female tattoo is renowned for eating the male after mating.

* A black widow tattoo symbolizes independence - the arch angel of vengeance. She will always be alone, because she can never truly love (after they mate, they kill their mate); a symbol of dark twisted love.

* No matter how strong a man could be, there will always be a woman that will destroy him or a black widow.

* Black widows don't always kill their mate, just sometimes.

* I'd say that the black widow tattoo represents the lethal, dark side of love. Once she is done mating, the black widow devours her mate. It's Mother Nature's way of saying that the only thing a male is good for is siring offspring!

They say a black widow picks her mate carefully, they pick which males will make strong offspring (which you cant deny MANY females do...) she will then kill her mate because she wants the strongest offspring, so she kills so he cannot mate again.

Could possibly represent jealousy in a tattoo? Or a sort of maternal love?

My inner feelings? To me it symbolises the death of love, when a person - especially a woman does not want to trust another man again due to losing the love of their life to betrayal.

Source(s): wikianswers & my own personal opinion.

Black Widow Tattoo

This is old but I think it's worth discussing now given the data.

The "Black Widow" symbolizes these points from the previous answer:

However the person's personal opinion is actually farther from the truth.

The "Black Widow" is a psychopathic archetype that best explains to a layman the essence of psychopathic woman. The "Black Widow" is attributed to female serial killers but can also extend to sadistic psychopathic women who are not murdering their mates. They do commit crimes against the heart by "symbolically" devouring their mate in the process of falling in love. There are other female psychopathic archetypes: the "Succubus", the "Femme Fatale" and the "Prostitute". The psychopathic archetypes of men are the "Vampire" and the "Devil" amongst others.

Scientifically the psychopathic woman is a mix of 2 major cluster B personality disorders: histrionic and borderline personality disorder. Histrionic being the other side of the coin of narcissism. Generally speaking psychopathic men fall on the other side of the cluster B spectrum under antisocial personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. The cluster B personality disorders are intimately linked with Psychopathy because they all share a common trait: lack or deficit of empathy.

So in short the tattoo of "The Black Widow" is the representation of a psychopathic woman who is destructive to their male counterparts, either in love or by way of death. Female serial killers like Nannie Doss meet the archetype of a "Black Widow".

• 6 years agoReport

And to add on about "folklore" and "mythology". It is proposed that the existence of these kinds of people have long inspired myths of evil anthropomorphized creatures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdNgmFCzUwE

I myself have a black widow tattoo. I had it put on after I had found out that my husband of 25 years had been having numerous affairs. However, that ended, but I got the ink and look at it as a reminder to make sure that next time around in my next relationship, it s going to be ME who decides who enters into MY SPACE , and DON T MESS WITH ME CUZ THIS IS MY WORLD!!!!!

Black widows are always alone,a black widow have no friends, they will bother no one 'til you mess with them and their webs are totally different from regular spiders,more like a nest with a hole in it, really creepy looking, she is really shy and hides away until something shakes the nest you will see it, I have a black widow tattoo with on my knee and the web around my leg. To me it means a person's personality like the Black Widow.

• ?

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

It s the most racist thing you can get to offend black people and their so dumb they ll never know...

• Anthony R4 years agoReport

*It's, they're, they'll.

Try getting an education you halfwit before you insult the intelligence of others. It's ignorant ***** like you making the world miserable for everyone else, whatever their color. Piss off. Go learn something useful.

google it!

i think its creeeepy!