Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

In Harris County TX, can or will a divorce judge force the family home sold substantially under market value?

Favorite Answer

I would think the judge's job is to do what's best for all sides (unless someone did something spitefully wrong to force the divorce, like have an affair or something like that).

I'm no lawyer, nor do I live around Houston, but I don't think he can force the home to be sold. If he does, then yes, he might have to set a deadline for the home's sale, which could create issues with the current housing market being as depressed as it is. Nonetheless, that's not what's in everyone's best interest. Your home is an asset and it should be treated as such, not devalued because of the situation.

I wish you luck, but I want to warn you that this is a question that is better suited for a lawyer than for Yahoo! Answers. Check out some of the questions in the related 'Singles & Dating' section and you'll see your issue is far weightier than most others discussed here.

Um ... go Astros?