Property taxes...why pay school taxes?

I own a home in New York state and pay property taxes which of course include very high school taxes. I don't think it is fair that I have to pay for another parent's child's education when I don't have and never will have children in the school system. Wasn't the lottery suppose to pay for much of the school... show more I own a home in New York state and pay property taxes which of course include very high school taxes. I don't think it is fair that I have to pay for another parent's child's education when I don't have and never will have children in the school system. Wasn't the lottery suppose to pay for much of the school system's finance? And, how long does it take for a property to go into foreclosure when you are late in paying your property tax? thanks
Update: I was not whining "Best friend". I was asking a simple question which one person took time to explain in adut terms. And I realize that I need to pay so that others may attend school. My problem, and perhaps one that I should have stated first was that I wish when some one, such as myself, finds... show more I was not whining "Best friend". I was asking a simple question which one person took time to explain in adut terms. And I realize that I need to pay so that others may attend school. My problem, and perhaps one that I should have stated first was that I wish when some one, such as myself, finds themselves in a real financial bind, and in diffiuclt hardship, that there was a way to reduce these high taxes and still participate in the
American dream of helping others and adding to the benefit the masses. It was a legitimate question to which you decided to respond with a decidedly offensive answer.