Chiang mai nightlife? bars etc - full of backpackers? i am one travelling solo and want to pick up/have s*x

hi all just wondering what the nightlife is like in chiang mai (northern thailand) i am a solo male traveller going to be there around new years eve (december 31) and basically wondering if its a backpacker area or more one for a relaxing holiday with a loved one (which i dont have) also are there many bars... show more hi all just wondering what the nightlife is like in chiang mai (northern thailand)

i am a solo male traveller going to be there around new years eve (december 31) and basically wondering if its a backpacker area or more one for a relaxing holiday with a loved one (which i dont have)

also are there many bars around there that play western kind of music (i am thinking bryan adams 'summer of 69' good clean fun kind of music) as opposed to thai music

thanks very much if u can help me out and i hope to hear from you soon

love rooster
Update: thanks but what is with the excessive safety warning? is it an exceptionally unsafe place? and unfortunately i will be solo (unless i meet people in bangkok en route to go with me) as i have noone else to go with - is there not much to do there for a single person or something? and yeah i always wear condoms;... show more thanks but what is with the excessive safety warning? is it an exceptionally unsafe place?

and unfortunately i will be solo (unless i meet people in bangkok en route to go with me) as i have noone else to go with - is there not much to do there for a single person or something?

and yeah i always wear condoms; got genital warts once before lol so learnt my lesson there..never again

thanks all
Update 2: no i am not into trannies

and heaps of poeple love summer of 69 everyone sings along to it when theyre drunk its great fun