Should physician assisted suicide be legal in the State of Connecticut as it is in the State of Oregon?

elaborate/explain/why

Favorite Answer

I believe that it should be legal anywhere in the world. If a person chooses to end his life, but does not have the means to do so in the manner they see fit, they should be able (without the hindrance of the justice system) to seek help. While it is still up to the physicians morals as to whether he accepts the job or not, as long as the proper notifications to law enforcement agencies are made, I believe this to be legal. If law enforcement agencies are not notified, the act could be seen as a homicide.

• jilek

convinced, although even right here in Oregon, it really is hardly ever used. lack of life with some dignity and with out suffering must be a uncomplicated proper, now no one needs to placed themselves by using medical torture to boost their life each and every minute plausible, and now and again, those who make the alternative themselves must be allowed help with ending their lives painlessly. Suicide is against the law because quite some the people who attempt it do not achieve this once a rational concept procedure, there is an infinite distinction between someone with endstage maximum cancers with some months to stay who's is affliction each and each and every of the time and a afflicted youngster who's boyfriend or lady friend left them and downs a bottle of pills. the former can not be helped by using drugs, the latter needs a psychiatrist and to be hospitalized until eventually he's not a threat to himself anymore.

Yes. I watched a family member die from emphasema and one die from mesotheoma(lung cancer caused by breathing in asbestos) as well as one die from cirrosis of the liver. It is torture. If they had wanted to die peacefully in no pain, that should be their decision. I know that if it were me, I would want to have the choice to die asleep with no pain instead of slowly suffocating, or letting myhself be poisoned to death by bile.