What do I do and what do I optionally say?

Ok I kissed my guy friend on the cheek years ago and he responded well and when I hugged him a week later, he lingered in very close to my lips for a long time and then pulled away. I called him up later that night and he said he doesn't like kisses. Since we used to hug alot until then, I don't hug him anymore... show more Ok I kissed my guy friend on the cheek years ago and he responded well and when I hugged him a week later, he lingered in very close to my lips for a long time and then pulled away. I called him up later that night and he said he doesn't like kisses.

Since we used to hug alot until then, I don't hug him anymore because I don't want him thinking I'll kiss him again. I don't want to kiss him and he likes to give me side hugs which is fine. So when I do want to give him a real hug do I tell him "I promise I won't do anything weird" or "Don't worry I won't kiss you" (the time I kissed him he left for a mission for two years and he;s back).

I don't want to kiss him again because it would feel like I'd be violating him.

Suggestions?
1 answer 1