Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Will this diabolical plan work?

I want a cat. My husband says 'no'. I have an invisible cat..and I plan on taking it to the next level. I am going to really pretend the cat is real for a while . Like even pet it when company is over. I'm hoping that my husband will think I'm going crazy and get me a cat to pacify me.

Good idea?

martha: so that's a 'yes' !

Favorite Answer

I is just crazy enough to work! You might try the invisible cat routine for a while and then act incredibly upset and run aroudn saying "Fluffy is missing! Who left the door open???" You can put up posters and everything. Then, after a few days of ranting like a lunatic, bring home a real cat and act relieved. He will be relieved that you are no longer certifiable, so he'll just let it go.

lol good plan...

You could also start buying cat-food too. Pretend you're putting the cat out and of course letting it back inside.

He'll think you're crazy of course. And from there you'll either be institutionalised or will end up getting a cat.

Fingers crossed it'll be a nice happy cat ending.

I'll be serious because I love, love, love kitties.

Go get the cat and claim it's a "stray". Who can say "no" to a starving kitty? Even the meanest man in our little podunk town has a cat. Cats are good too, they kill bugs (sorry Tublet)

Get a female cat, because they tend to do less peepeeing on stuff. I have a Russian blue and she is so sweet.

My husband didn't like cats either, but he raised a litter of bottle-babies and we kept them all. I think you just haven't crushed your husband's spirit enough.

I think you should try the plan. And I think you should expand it, get a spray bottle filled with water, and spray the real-like cat when it climbs up the curtains. Cats love to climb the damn curtains.

• I think to really pull it off you need to get a litter box and start crapping in it. Then a real cat with cat poop would be an improvement.

• Be like my ex and just bring one home one day, without even discussing it, and then lie and say that you rescued it from the jaws of a dog that was about to devour it. That worked for her.....and that stupid cat hates me.

BTW, I hope Sir Meowsalot doesn't get too jealous.

Get one of those fancy little bags and carry your "cat" around in it when you and the hubby go out in public.

Word Nerd's suggestion of crapping in a cat box is pure genius.

• Bring home three cats. When hubby gets mad, tell him you'll find them a good home. Give away two cats for adoption, then say that, try as you might, you couldn't find a home for the last one and you don't dare release it outside.

If he leaves you, I'm always here, and just across the border. I come with cats and 2 litter boxes. You will be expected to clean the boxes. Oh, and the fat one has hairballs.

I see only a winsome success or a messy divorce.

Or there's option number three where you get sent to one of those asylums that have names like Greentrail Heights.