Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

ieueser.exe -Application error 0xc0000022

When I click on internet explorer to open it, It says 'The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000022). Click ok to terminate the application." And when I click ok, microsoft windows opens and says "Internet exporer has stopped working" and checks for a solution. When it is finished checking ot says, "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a new solution is available" It says this when I simply try to open internet exporer, as well as any program that needs internet(Example: MSN). And my internet connection is fine, it says its connected. But I cant access the internet at all. Any suggestions? (I'm asking this on my friends computer, at her house)

I have re satrted it, its been doing this for days. And i have scanned it, nothing.

• i♥u2
    Best Answer

I believe your internet explorer files are corrupted.

Use you friend's PC to download IE 7 from microsoft website and copy it to an USB thumb drive. Then reinstall IE7.

Alternative is to download and install FireFox web browser.

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer. I just wanted to post that I am having the exact same issue. I cannot boot in any mode. I get the same black screen. How can we run the fixes if we can't boot? My issue started last night at 8:00 p.m. Showed signs by throwing an IE error...the infamous "Do you want to report" message. After receiving this message many annoying times while browsing the net, I closed IE. When I tried to launch IE it wouldn't even launch. I re-installed and rebooted. Then I received the same lsass.exe error. Now I am stuck. I did a virus scan yesterday morning and there were no issues found. Virus updates were up to date as well.

• Have you tried restarting your computer to see if the problem goes away?

Also do a virus/spyware/malware scan to make sure you don't have any of them.