Topher L asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 1 decade ago

whats happens by not taking a shower after swimming in the salty ocean?

i know this is gross but its been a week since i swam at the beach and its also been a week since i taken a shower. the reason for this is my shower is broken and the only place i can take a shower at is at the YMCA, and i havent been able to go. so anyways what are the bad things about swimming in the salty sea and not taking a shower right after?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • macy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Salt water can dry up the natural oils in your skin, and this in turn can lead to boils and pimples. When you have been in the sea, you need to wash off the salt as soon as you can, and as you so rightly say, not showering fo a week is gross.

• Mark5 years agoReport

So lame. No issue if you do not shower after swimming in the ocean. Little dry skin. Or probably not even that. Actually it is very good for your skin. People go to the beach and swim daily and they have no issues . You are stronger than you think .

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

just go to the YMCA right soon or a friends house and take a shower I'm sure your gonna be fine.

• Angela
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You could a rash and the salt dries out your skin. But if nothings happened to you yet I wouldn't sweat it too much.

• 1 decade ago

Dry skin.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dry scalp

• 1 decade ago

You get smelly and itchy!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.