for people who need movie recommendations

I made my own site where i write film reviews because i want to be a critic. if u want movie recommendations check it out: ronspopcornreviews.webs.com

if any of you are skeptical to go because you think it has anti spyware or something hres a few samples of my writing, leave feedback:

Pineapple Express:

The Apatow frat house delivers another hit that may one day be considered a true comedy classic. Pineapple Express is just as funny as, if not funnier than, Knocked Up or The 40-Year Old Virgin, though certainly venturing further into parody. The stoner buddy comedy tells the hilarious tale of Dale Denton, played by Seth Rogen, and his eccentric pot dealer Saul Silver, played by James Franco. Dale and Saul find themselves on the run after Dale witnesses a murder by a drug kingpin, played by Gary Cole, and a corrupt cop, played by Rosie Perez. The two are constantly high and get into some hysterical predicaments.

The screenplay is written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, the duo behind Superbad. Though many are saying that this movie doesn't satisfy or isn't as good as Superbad, it is in fact better and much funnier than Superbad, which I've always found enormously overrated. Pineapple Express is non-stop laughter from start to finish.

The acting perfectly captures the mildly silly feel of the film, and there are no words to describe the hilarity of the screenplay and screwball action sequences. Pineapple Express is without doubt one of the best movies of the year and I would even go so far as to call it one of my favorite comedies of all time. There were a few mild problems with the film, most notably the graphic violence which unnecessarily darkens the tone of an otherwise light hearted buddy comedy.

The performances by Seth Rogen and Danny R. McBride are excellent; James Franco in particular does the best work of his career. Great stuff also comes from the small roles. Ed Begley Jr. manages to steal the spotlight in his one terrific and very funny scene and Kevin Corrigan is also very good. Step Brothers, which came out two weeks ago, is good, but nowhere near the comedic genius of Pineapple Express.

Now don't get me wrong, I certainly loved The Dark Knight more than this, but people have got to go see something else, and Pineapple Express is the first movie since The Dark Knight to rush to the theater for. Despite the short list of flaws, Pineapple Express is the comedy highlight of the year.

Mummy 3:

The newest installment in an overall mediocre franchise is the best of the bunch and is way above mediocrity. I just couldn't deny how much fun Tomb of the Dragon Emperor really was. Its certainly cheesy but its also one of the most enjoyable times I had this year at the movies.

Brendan Frasier is back as Rick O'Connell joined by Maria Bello who unfortunately replaces Rachel Weiz as Evelyn O'Connell. When their son Alex finds the mummy of an ancient Chinese Emperor, he accidentally awakens and the O'Connell family embarks on a new adventure. Jet Li plays Emperor Han who was cursed two thousand years ago and is now back to reclaim his rule over China and you guessed it: the world.

I just couldn't help admitting that I was entertained from start to finish by Tomb of the Dragon Emperor despite a few things working against it. The main problem I had with the movie is Maria Bello. I've liked her in a few things but her performance is awful here and she has my vote for worst actress come the Razzies. The screenplay also doesn't help Mummy win over audiences and critics, but it was so much fun that I can't imagine anyone not being entertained by it.

Brendan Frasier is good here, Jet Li has his own fun with his role, and mainly, this doesn't try to be something its not. Plain fun, not an action thriller. But like I said, Maria Bello is horrible here. I also really don't buy that Luke Ford is Brendan Frasier's son and they could've made that a bit more believable, but who really cares? After you've seen The Dark Knight for about the tenth time, go and give this one a chance because while it isn't anywhere close to The Dark Knight, you just get a kick out of the goofy special effects and the enjoyable action.

Meet Dave:

I definitely was not in shock when I came out of Meet Dave and and felt like I just wasted an hour and a half of my life, I just didn't think it would be that horrendously bad. I honestly have to say that I would rather go back and Meet Bill again then sit through this one more time. It seems that Eddie Murphy and Mike Meyers have become pals and are both trying to ruin their careers. Now even though Meet Dave is not as bad as Meyer's "The Love Guru" or Murphy's own "Norbit", it comes very close.

Eddie Murphy is in another one of his annoying dual roles, as if Norbit wasn't enough. Here he plays Starship Dave and the inch tall captain inside his head. After making an unwelcome crash landing into theaters, he hooks up with Gina Morrison, played by Elizabeth Banks. She is a clueless painfully dull single mom who arouses Dave even though he is a robot. The mini people inside him navigate Dave through New York City and how to appear to be normal, well that didn't work out too well. The movie is only about an hour and thirty minutes, but I felt as though it dragged on for days.

Watching Eddie Murphy further kill his career is not worth your eight or ten dollars at the movies nor is it worth your time. The acting is bad, the writing is awful, and the plot constantly fails. Now if you're thinking why not take the kids to this, here is my answer: Sometimes there's a movie like The Spiderwick Chronicles which is not great but not that bad, and the kids enjoy it, but the kids are going to grow restless very soon at this.

What's mainly sad in this is Elizabeth Banks. Why would a talented rising actress such as herself put Meet Dave on her resume? I expected the movie and Eddie Murphy's performance to be crap, but I was hoping she would bring some light to the whole thing, but she fails along with the movie.

Its already done horribly at the box office and will do bad on DVD and it should. I've met Dave, I hate Dave, I never want to see Dave again, and I would not recommend meeting Dave to anyone else.

The Dark Knight:

Well I just got back from the midnight preview of the most anticipated movie of the year, and to call it a masterpiece would be an understatement. This is the greatest comic book adaptation ever made, even better than Iron Man.

But to call it a comic book adaptation, would be undermining it's effect and power over the audience. Even though I myself love comic books, the movies they've made on them so far, except for some, haven't had a strong effect on viewers, such as Spider-Man. Batman Begins was the first Batman to truly capture people, and I would even list it as one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Well then I would have to put The Dark Knight somewhere in the top 5. What you have been hearing about this movie isn't hype, it really is that good, along with the best performance I've seen all year, from the late Heath Ledger. This movie is his legacy and left him as one of the most memorable screen villains of all time. Again, The Dark Knight isn't a comic book adaptation, it's an epic crime drama that can join the ranks of Scorcesse's The Departed and Michael Mann's Heat.

Christian Bale returns even better this time around as Bruce Wayne aka Batman. He has now attracted a new breed of criminals to Gotham, like the Joker. Batman along with Lieutenant Jim Gordon and new Gotham D.A Harvey Dent, are trying to sweep the streets of the mob and other crime. Heath Ledger comes in as the Joker, a demented, psychopathic and terrifying clown. He is like the Javier Bardem of comic book movies. Joker has no empathy whatsoever and will kill anyone. Harvey Dent is played by Aaron Eckhart and Katie Holmes is replaced by Maggie Gyllenhal as Rachel Dawes. There are literally no words to describe this movie classic.

Christopher Nolan deserves numerous awards for his legendary direction as well as the visually stunning cinematography. The fight sequences are mostly real with no CGI which only adds to the realism of a comic book fantasy. This is far beyond anything I could ever imagine as a kid reading Batman every week. And one of the smartest moves the director and writers made were to replace Katie Holmes, because Maggie Gyllenhal is wonderful here unlike Holmes who got nominated for a Razzie for Begins.

Of course there has been much talk of a posthumous nomination for Heath Ledger, and by all means I think he deserves it, but unfortunately it's all just talk because the Academy would never nominate a comic book movie, as sad as it is. Every actor here is on their A-game, no performance here I think needed improvement, and the only major problem I had with this movie is that it ended, because I went at 12 am and got out around 3, well I wouldn't mind sitting there until 7 am. But to be realistic, I have a few mild reservations with the movie, such as the fight sequence with Batman and Joker on the street could've been better and I also think they could've done a better job with the makeup for Harvey as Two Face, but to give this movie anything less than five stars would be a crime. This is one of the best all year, and one of the best movies I've ever seen.

The site also features weekly updated dvd picks and three to see picks and you can subscribe and video reviews are coming soon, so check it out

• Mona
    Favorite Answer

Well I certainly like your review of 'The Dark Knight' & completely agree with what you wrote on it. It sounds like a good site - I'll check it out ; )