How can I stop feeling like a loser?

I tried to make a girl I really liked feel special by doing unique things for her, drawing her sweet pictures and writing her poetic letters which she and everyone else who saw them thought were cute. I tried so hard to make her feel really special, and I was trying to give her something to like about me (the only... show more I tried to make a girl I really liked feel special by doing unique things for her, drawing her sweet pictures and writing her poetic letters which she and everyone else who saw them thought were cute. I tried so hard to make her feel really special, and I was trying to give her something to like about me (the only outstanding things about me are my creativity and vivid imagination, and that's what I tried to use that to express my feelings). She thought it was sweet, but she just likes the stereotypical cute, sports-type guys and simply doesn't have any feelings for me. I've accepted that, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I now feel like a loser for putting myself out there like that and I feel like a fool. Why did I do what I did? Now she has all these fragments of my heart on paper and I feel humiliated and exposed, and my friends make jokes about it all the time. I feel really bad! How can I get past this and how can I stop feeling like a damn fool for love?
46 answers 46