Jobs for 15 year old? (UK)

I just turned 15 and I'm trying to find a job to earn some extra money.

I know you can get a job at 15 because my friend has a job at the local hairdresser's. I looked on gumtree.co.uk but it only looks at main cities and I'm trying to find a job nearby (I live in surrey)

Best Answer

I'm 15 and here's what I did:

Just type up a C.V. and go round shops asking if they have any jobs. If it doesn't work on one street, go to another. Somebody is bound to give you a job. It helps if you have a reference letter - have you had a job previously? If yes, then by law that place has to give you a reference letter. If you haven't had a job before just go to your form tutor at school.

Good luck

Start with people you know - Mum, Dad, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles Friends and family friends and ask them if they know of anywhere who could offer you a job. Rarely will you see anything advertised.

If you like the idea of working in a hairdressers - phone them - or better still just pop in and ask. Also tanning shops, cafes and small independant shops sometimes need extra help on a Saturday.

Paper rounds are another possibility, as is leaflet distribution. If you are more enterprising you can also consider dog walking, car cleaning, ironing, gardening etc.

McDonald's hires 15 year olds.