simich asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Gold medalist at both summer & winter olympics?

I know there are people that has one a medal or goldmedal at different olympic games and in different sports but has anyone ever won a medal in both a summer and a winter olympic game?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Only four athletes have won medals in both the Winter and Summer Olympics:

Eddie Eagan, USA–Light Heavyweight Boxing gold (1920) and Four-man Bobsled gold (1932).

Jacob Tullin Thams, Norway–Ski Jumping gold (1924) and 8-meter Yachting silver (1936).

Christa Luding-Rothenburger, East Germany–Speed Skating gold at 500 meters (1984) and 1,000m (1988), silver at 500m (1988) and bronze at 500m (1992) and Match Sprint Cycling silver (1988). Luding-Rothenburger is the only athlete to ever win medals in both Winter and Summer Games in the same year.

Clara Hughes, Canada—Individual Road Race Cycling bronze and Individual Time Trial Cycling bronze (1996) and 5,000 m Speed Skating bronze (2002).

• Login to reply the answers
  • albury
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i replaced into invited to the Olympic trials in 1980 as all of us comprehend now the 1980 Olympics have been canceled by skill of then president Jimmy Carter. For any armature fighter to realize that height is the wager feeling interior the worldwide i replaced into so proud because you knew which you have been between the terrific that the USA had to furnish. i replaced into dealt with like i replaced into somebody for the 1st time in my life. It does no longer remember in case you under no circumstances win a worldwide call as a consultant that Olympic Gold is what each youngster aims of. Ask Mike Tyson which might he extremely have and he could assist you to comprehend a gold Madel. Howard Davis Jr, replaced into between the terrific warring parties to ever fightfor the USA yet he under no circumstances gained a gold.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.