Why would God communicate to the WT Society that God 'disposed of' Jesus' body?

" God disposed of Jesus' body, nt allowing it to see corruption and thus preventing its becoming a stumbling block to faith."

The Watchtower, 9-15-1991, page 31

What do you think about this WT Society's teachings?

Update:

Matt 28:6 NIV

" He is not here; he has risen, just as he said "

Update 2:

RussJW: I did not cut and paste anything..as you can see I typed it, however, you are right, it was November and not September, I am glad you corrected it.

The bottom line is that WT Society claims that God 'disposed of' Jesus' body, admit it

Update 3:

Anna: Nice insight!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • anna
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have no interest in, or indeed respect for, such "teachings" because they go directly against the Word of God. If Jesus did not rise again, as Paul says, we're all lost and there is no point to anything. If Jesus did not rise again, there is no Christianity of any kind. So how could JWs claim to be "Christians"?

Sounds like they copied the idea of **Moses** body not being found or buried.

Umberto Eco said it best: The "illuminati" and others like them reject these 30-denarii secrets to life. They want to peel the universe like an onion....and an onion is all peel."

If you try to peel away the facts of the Cross and Resurrection, you will discover that you've peeled an onion down to nothing. All you'll have left is the tears.

• 1 decade ago

this is typical JW reasoning:

RUSS JW said quoted "But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus’ side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels had done in the past. In order to convince Thomas of who He was, He used a body with wound holes. He appeared, or seemed to be, fully human, able to eat and drink, just as did the angels that Abraham once entertained.—Genesis 18:8; Hebrews 13:2.

how in the heck...can you "prove" something like jesus taking on a DIFFERENT body with holes in it by attatching another scripture to it that has NOTHING to do with this particular situation (jesus Resurrection)

that is an example of the scripture twisting that caused so many ex jw's to see the truth of this twisted organization.

• 4 years ago

wally and tim f and goshine2 coach what the JWs try to conceal. and whilst the verse flesh and blood won't be able to enter the dominion, glorified flesh can (Jesus resurrected physique). ~~you tell them Anna ! ! ! ~~ how are you able to assert that fixerken while others have already shown the quote it a real one? rather blowing smoke and lieing to us all. ~~~ hahahah grandpa and Abdijah.. telling memories back? on the grounds that while did the KJV elect a séance to make their bible like the NWT did? there are policies against talking with the lifeless.... ``` for sure Vot and Pinkribbon are so sensible they forgot to study the confirmations in the different solutions. ---angelmusic1914 did you no longer study on your bible that God buried moses and no guy knows the place?? ---jeshurun, the jew knew suitable to the Holy Spirit, regardless of the actuality that it had no longer been poured out. in addition they knew suitable to the son of God because it is in the psalms. why do you think of Jesus exchange into so disillusioned with them for no longer believeing? they DID be responsive to suitable to the trinity in the OT. i think Thomas knew precisely what he exchange into asserting, in comparison to an excellent form of JWs ! ! !

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your reference is incorrect. It is 11-15-1991 page 31. You also omitted the suporting bible text =) Here's the whole thing.

The article was explaining the similarities of Jesus and Moses

Even as to death, Moses and Jesus were alike. How so? Well, Jehovah removed Moses’ body, thus preventing men from either profaning it or idolizing it. (Deuteronomy 34:5, 6; Jude 9) Similarly, God disposed of Jesus’ body, not allowing it to see corruption and thus preventing its becoming a stumbling block to faith.—Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:50.

(Psalm 16:10) For you will not leave my soul in She′ol. You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit.

(Acts 2:29-31) “Men, brothers, it is allowable to speak with freeness of speech to YOU concerning the family head David, that he both deceased and was buried and his tomb is among us to this day. 30 Therefore, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath that he would seat one from the fruitage of his loins upon his throne, 31 he saw beforehand and spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he forsaken in Ha′des nor did his flesh see corruption.

(1 Corinthians 15:50) However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom, neither does corruption inherit incorruption.

Remember the apostle did not recognize the resurrected Christ when they walk along with him. Next time be careful when you cut and paste or quote sentences from an article. YOu might mislead anyone =)

Update:

Let me inform you guys that we JWs believe JEsus was resurrected. So I really don't see a basis why Anna is accusing JWs are not Christians. I think that's quite unfair. I suggest her read Gal 6:10. We are not rejecting JEsus' resurrection, that's the truth.

What is the point of WT disposing Jesus body?

Well, then, what happened to Jesus’ fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus’ body. Why did God do this? It fulfilled what had been written in the Bible. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:31 please read these texts) Thus Jehovah saw fit to remove Jesus’ body, even as he had done before with Moses’ body. (Deuteronomy 34:5, 6) Also, if the body had been left in the tomb, Jesus’ disciples could not have understood that he had been raised from the dead, since at that time they did not fully appreciate spiritual things.

But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus’ side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels had done in the past. In order to convince Thomas of who He was, He used a body with wound holes. He appeared, or seemed to be, fully human, able to eat and drink, just as did the angels that Abraham once entertained.—Genesis 18:8; Hebrews 13:2.

While Jesus appeared to Thomas in a body similar to the one in which He was put to death, He also took on different bodies when appearing to His followers. Thus Mary Magdalene at first thought that Jesus was a gardener. At other times his disciples did not at first recognize him. In these instances it was not his personal appearance that served to identify him, but it was some word or action that they recognized.—John 20:14-16; 21:6, 7; Luke 24:30, 31.

I hope next time verify your info regarding JWs beliefs (like Jesus' resurrection) before making a question or a conclusion. Because a lot will be misinformed about us and i honestly think it is not fair on our part. good day!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hooey !

Did I spell that correctly ?

If there is no body, there is no sacrifice !

The Body that was sacrificed Lives !

Death has lost it's sting !

Jesus has conquered death !

My Savior Lives !!!!!!!!!!!!

• ***cricket cricket***

***cricket cricket***

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.