Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

2010 XXI Winter Olympics will be in Vancouver, Canada. Are you interested?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ALIFE
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yea!! I loved Calgary's in 1988, I'm sure i'll enjoy Vancouver's.

• Jon
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I've never been to Whistler, but it's at or near the top of my list of places I want to ski next. I'm trying to decide if I should:

1) Go in 2009 and ski the runs that will be used in competition, so that when 2010 comes I will have more knowledge about exactly how amazingly good these athletes are. Then if watching on TV at a party I could be like "wow, it took me 3 times as long to ski down that run!" ;)

2) Go for the Olympics, but ski those runs immediately before or after the games. I'd get to see the games in person, but wondering if being stationary would be uncomfortably cold, and I'm sure the slopes would be extremely crowded immediately before/after the games. I watched a competition in Quebec a few years back and froze, but it was at night, and certainly still worth it.

You'll notice I've only mentioned skiing. In past winter olympics I've certainly enjoyed watching skating, luge, skeleton, etc. on TV. It would also be neat to see them in person, although since I ski and don't do those other things personally, it probably wouldn't be quite as cool as watching super-G or something. But still very cool.

I live in Indiana. I went to the summer games in '96.

• 1 decade ago

I am not interested in any form of the Olympics, but I do think the Winter versions sound more exciting than the Summer versions. Example: X-Country Ski-Jumping or Softball? I know which one sounds more rousing to me...

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely. Back on Canadian turf sweet. Canada will bring home Gold in Ice Hockey once again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes i think there is more excitement and action in the winter olympics.

• 1 decade ago

I love winter games better than summer, so I'd be all over it, especially Curling.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I live in Seattle, so it interests me that I could potentially go. But it's probably way better on TV.

• M O
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

nope. Never been interested in the winter games.

• 1 decade ago

no. they destroy the city and a nature...and it costs a lot

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, and never will be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.