What do I do about my girlfriend's Asian roomate and my shoes?

My girlfriend shares her place with a couple of roommates, one of whom is an Asian woman. I know Asians like people to take their shoes off before going inside their houses. I'm not going to debate the merits of that here. The bottom line is that I refuse to do that. If you want me in your house, you had better... show more My girlfriend shares her place with a couple of roommates, one of whom is an Asian woman.

I know Asians like people to take their shoes off before going inside their houses. I'm not going to debate the merits of that here. The bottom line is that I refuse to do that. If you want me in your house, you had better let me enter your house fully clothed. If you want me to start taking my clothes off, you'd better be about to blow me.

When asked to take my shoes off, I politely refuse. Her roommate gets taken aback by this- no one has ever refused to take their shoes off before. She never gets overtly angry at me but she does passive-aggressive things to let me know she doesn't approve of me an my white guy ways.

And while I don't live there, I have a right to be there as my girlfriend's guest. And my girlfriend thinks this is funny.

I guess my question is what do I do about this to stop her roomate from being annoying? I wipe my feet before going in and I've never tracked dirt inside. Actually, this is all kind of funny to me.
Update: Those of you who say I'm being rude and that I'm not king of the world are missing the point.

Because I am in fact king of the world and I'm not taking off my shoes unless I want to. And I don't want to.
Update 2: When I go to India/China/Wherever you crazy minorities are from, I'll take off my shoes. But this is America, and in America normal people don't take their clothes off for such a stupid reason. Asking us to take off our shoes is like asking us to unzip our flys. I don't care if it's Asian custom-... show more When I go to India/China/Wherever you crazy minorities are from, I'll take off my shoes.

But this is America, and in America normal people don't take their clothes off for such a stupid reason. Asking us to take off our shoes is like asking us to unzip our flys. I don't care if it's Asian custom- Asian customs also include eating shark fin soup, tying womens' feet, and believing in more backward superstitions than the Westboro Baptist Church. (Look at all the 8/8/08 weddings for proof of this).