Dungeons and Dragons vs. Christianity?

I recently read a question that implied that Dungeons and Dragons caused people with mental disorders to murder or steal. I automatically agreed that was the case but after-wards, I could think of 3 instances where Christianity has caused a mentally disturbed person to commit a crime and none for D&D. In the past... show more I recently read a question that implied that Dungeons and Dragons caused people with mental disorders to murder or steal. I automatically agreed that was the case but after-wards, I could think of 3 instances where Christianity has caused a mentally disturbed person to commit a crime and none for D&D.
In the past few years I heard one story where a woman drowned her children b/c she thought God told her to, another where a woman tore the arms off her child as some sort of punishment she thought God wanted her to perform-the child died, and recently, the whole polygamy scandal here in TX that has direct associations with Christianity...I can't think of any crimes directly attributed to D&D. The Colorado school shootings, I'm not sure about-all I remember is that some tried to say he was a Satanist b/c he wore the 'goth' look. I'm still not sure if he had any associations with the game...
So, should this misconception quit being used to discourage kids from playing a GAME?