Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

Acura RSX or Toyota Celica. only have 8 grand to spend

which will have cheaper insurance, is faster, can be modified more

13 Answers

Relevance
  • hello
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i'd be surprised if you can find either with decent mileage for that price. neither is particularly fast, the celica in particular is a fast looking economy car. it has the same motor as the toyota corolla.

as a result though, it will probably have lower insurance, but also have less mods available for it..

the RSX handles better and is probably somewhat faster to boot.

• 7 years ago

Compare free quotes from dif companies at QUOTESTOINSURE.INFO-

RE Acura RSX or Toyota Celica. only have 8 grand to spend

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can get quotes in just a few minutes at http://help.insurequote.info/

• 7 years ago

You can save on your insurance by compare quotes at http://help.coverage-finder.net/-spizkEI413

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're looking for performance, either car wouldn't be a real good start. Alot could be had for 8 grand. Why not look into an 87-92 toyota supra turbo or an MR2 turbo? The RSX is already pretty well milked from the factory and you won't get much out of it without some kind of forced induction. And you would have to be fairly mechanically savvy and have plenty of extra money around to do it. I personally think the newer celicas are a girls car but to each his own.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

standard, the automobiles are very even in terms of...each and every thing. i think of that the Acura RSX has a great shifter, which will make the motor vehicle relaxing to force. do not seem at an 06 form, because of the fact they are time-honored to be unreliable. The experience is somewhat harsh, and the returned seat isn't lots. yet nonetheless, the motor vehicle is great and Acuras are very mushy and advantageous-employing. The Toyota will definitely be good, and it has a solid experience, i think of. you certainly might desire to bypass try force those automobiles from extremely some vendors, in simple terms to make certain which one you like greater appropriate. additionally, evaluate cost: the Acura is particular to be greater high priced, yet they have greater cutting-edge variations availible. it incredibly is a greater cutting-edge vehicle, so if I have been you, i might bypass with the Acura. good success!

• 1 decade ago

Insurance neither one they both rate high on front and rear crash cost, celica is actually more expensive and if yo do crash it in the front at over 5mph you are not going anywhere as the rad cracks open, in the other hand the Acura will suffer expensive repair cost if crashed in the rear the large bumper cover will crack at 5mph impact. Performance neither rate high due to their cost and the cost of making them even faster. Body Modifications both rate very good since they both share common lay out with other products from their manufacturer, and indirectly are blanketed by thousands and thousands of after market parts cheap(do keep in mind we are talking about other than engine components).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

TOYOTA

I've never seen an Acura dealer in my life....how many Toyota dealerships with sweet deals do you find my friend?

• 1 decade ago

Toyota if reliability, dependability and peace of mind are an issue. Otherwise, just go with whatever you think looks better.

• 6 years ago

Get insurance quotes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.