Biblical Verses on missions

so im going to missions for church to Tijuana

and i need to write down a journal

and i need various verses from the bible answering with analysis about what is happening

Who goes to missions?

Why go to missions?

When do people go to missions?

Where do people go to missions?

What is missions?

Favorite Answer

Who goes to missions?

Someone who is authorized.

1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done in the right and ordered way.

Why go to missions?

Woe unto us if we do not go.

1Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

When do people go to missions?

If we have opportunity.

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Where do people go to missions?

Anywhere as long there is a soul to be preached.

Luke 4:25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

Luke 4:26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

Luke4:27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

What is missions?

Something to be seriously done.

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Source(s): www.esoriano.wordpress.com www.danielrazon.com

THe Bible is FULL of missions. Read the story of Jesus. Everything He did was a mission. He traveled all over to get people reconciled with the Father. Paul is another one who's life was a mission.

But to answer your question the people who go on missions are those who are called to do that. You will see that all churches in the Body of Christ do not go on missions trips because we were all called to be a certain part of the body. Everyone in the body of Christ has their own mission. The people who are called to do missions trips go to places where the word of God is not being preached and preach it there to again, reconcile the lost with God through His Son Jesus Christ.

I really hope that this helps you. It is awesome to see that your church is called to do that. There are people out there that have not even heard of Christ and you will be the first to tell them about Him! Take care and be blessed!

Source(s): The Bible

Matthew 4:8-11 -- Temptation of Jesus

Matthew 6:9-10 -- The Lord's prayer

Matthew 10:18 -- "On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles."

Matthew 13 (Ezekiel 17:23) -- parables of sower, weeds, mustard seed, fishing net

Matthew 24:14 -- the gospel will be preached in the whole world

Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15 - The Great Commission (which many say is a re-statement of God's promise to Abraham in Genesis 12)

Mark 11:17 (Isaiah 56:7) -- a house of prayer for all nations

Mark 13:10 -- "the gospel must first be preached to all nations"

Mark 16:15 (see Matthew 28:19-20)

Luke 2:32 -- "a light for revelation to the Gentiles"

Luke 10:2 -- "harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few" (see John 4:35)

Luke 10:27 -- "love your neighbor as yourself"

John 3:16 [ text of verse ]

John 4:35 -- whitened fields (see Luke 10:2)

John 12:32 -- "I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

John 21:4-14 -- some Biblical commentators have said the 153 fish equals the number of all the tribes and nations which the ancients thought existed on earth

Acts 1:8; 2:5-12 13:47 (Isaiah 49:6) -- witnesses in all the earth

Acts 3:25 -- "He said to Abraham, Through your offspring, all peoples on earth will be blessed.'"

Acts 9:15 "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings."

Acts 11:18 -- "They praised God, saying, So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.'"

Acts 13:47 -- "I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6)

Acts 14:27 -- "They reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles."

Acts 28:28 -- "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

Romans 1:5 -- "We received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to obedience."

Romans 3:29 -- "Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too."

Romans 10:12-15 -- "How can they hear?"

Romans 15:10 "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people." (Deuteronomy 32:43]

Romans 15:11 "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and sing praises to him, all you peoples." (Psalm 117:1)

Romans 16:26 -- So that all nations might believe

2 Corinthians 4:15 -- "grace that is reaching more and more people"

2 Corinthians 10:16 -- "so that we can preach the gospel to the regions beyond you"

Galatians 3:8 -- "The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: All nations will be blessed through you.'" (Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18)

Galatians 3:14 -- "He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles."

Ephesians 1:10 -- "To bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ."

Ephesians 2:11-19 -- "you are no longer foreigners and aliens"

Philippians 2:10 -- Every knee shall bow

1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 -- "to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved"

Hebrews 6:13-14 -- God's promise to Abraham

2 Peter 3:9, 12 -- "not wanting anyone to perish"

1 John 2:2 -- "He is the atoning sacrifice . . . for the sins of the whole world"

Revelation 5:9 -- "you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation"

Revelation 7:9 -- Every tribe, tongue, people and nation

Revelation 14:6 -- "The angel had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth -- to every nation, tribe, language and people."

Revelation 15:4 -- "all nations will come and worship before you"

Revelation 21:23-24 -- "The Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light"

Hope this helps.....God Bless

Do your own homework

my suggestion: Read Ephesians (talks about God having plans for you as I'm sure one must be called to missions)

• Dave

"What is missions?"

it is going out to minister to people and help those that need it.

"When do people go to missions?"

when they feel God telling them to

"Where do people go to missions?"

where they feel God is telling them to

"Who goes to missions?"

those that have a want to spread the Gospel and want to help those in need.

"Why go to missions?"

to spread the Gospel and help people.