Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Has anyone had twins diagnosed with IUGR?

I am 34 weeks pregnant with twins. At 34w1d they were 3 lbs 15 oz and 4 lbs 4 oz. They are a little concerned about how small they are. IUGR is the term for it. There amniotic fluid was low a couple of months ago but is fine now. Has anyone had twins diagnosed with this and how were they after deliver. I am scheduled for c-section at 36w1d.

Favorite Answer

I am a boy-girl twin and was diagnosed with IUGR.

I was delivered via c-section at 37weeks, 8days. I was weighed 3lbs 15oz and my brother weighed 4lbs 10oz.

They kept me and my brother in the hospital until he weighed 5lbs and I weighed 4lbs then they let us go home.

I am now 13 years old, 5'1", 93lbs so I am still small, but my growth and weight is now at a healthy range (doctors have been trying to get me to gain weight for years).

Good Luck and congratulations on your twins!

-Catherine

sorry no I haven't...but I did want to say that although the weight are on the lower end for the gestation, twins do tend to be a little smaller then singles (not always but nost of the time) and with those weights your little ones should do very well!

so good luck and I hope all goes well for you!