How can I convert analog audio files to digital on a Mac?

I have a male to male patch cord, but that won't work because it the Mac uses a built in mic.

I can't find an iMic anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Favorite Answer

You can go to http://convertersoft.com/ to download a converter.

I personally use ultimate DVD + Video converter suite.

It works very well

Analog file? Maybe you mean how can you use a line-level (0.5 to 1.0 volt equalized) signal when you have no mini-jack for audio in. You need the iMic, link below. I didn't know it was hard to find.

Well I have tried this on WinXP and Linux but I dunno about Mac, should be the same. You need a special speaker cord.

I use a double sided 3.5mm speaker cord that came with my Winfast TV Tuner card. To set it up you put one end into the Earphones part of your Tape Recorder/CD Player, then you put the other end into "Line In" on your computer. To record it just use Audacity's StereoMix.

Hope this helps.

• corle

you may desire a software that would checklist on your computing device. then you definately ought to connect your tape deck in the time of the computing device's inputs and checklist the cassettes in actual time. you are able to might desire to end the recording after each and every music as there will be no music markers in case you enable the cassette checklist promptly with the aid of. this technique you checklist with might have a manner of dividing the recording. the only incorrect way i will think of of, that's my prefered way, is to checklist the cassette to CD first and use the CD to get carry of the songs on your computing device and convert them to mp3 format. returned, whilst recording to CD with a stand on my own CD recorder, you will might desire to confirm into techniques to function music markers to cut up individual songs. Doing it this type additionally has greater reward. For one, you do not use as lots memory on your computing device subsequently slowing it down with extremely some music records 2) or working the possibility of dropping them interior the form of computing device failure and 3) you have a returned-up replica of your cassettes on CD so which you are able to use repeatedly returned and play on different CD gamers might desire to you prefer to and four) the CD's are additionally a returned-up on your mp3 participant to boot in the adventure that your mp3 participant could ever might desire to get replaced, gets lost or by possibility erased. desire this facilitates & have a great day!!