Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

How do i make a website

i want to make a website but not like freewebs.com/ blah blah blah or anything like that i want to make it like (whatever).com if that makes sense but i dont know how

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need a webdomain and then hosting for it.

A domain is the actual website (whatever.com). But that domain will not function without hosting. Godaddy.com is one of the more popular solutions. But there are tons out there. If you're looking for something cheap, xehost.net has hosting for 3 dollars/month. I use them to host my website. You can register a domain through that and domains cost 10 or so dollars per year.

You might want to learn HTML code before you do this so that you can actually make a website. Go on google and search for HTML tutorials.

You can use adobe dreamweaver or microsoft frontpage that help you with HTML code. Dreamweaver is very expensive, but includes a 30 day trial at adobe.com.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What exactly do you want to know? The first step is to find web hosting there are a few free hosts around http://www.free-webhosts.com/ may help you locate one. Or you can pay for hosting you might try godaddy.com hosting. Second if you want a domain name i.e yourname.com you will need to register one and that costs money. Godaddy.com is usually the cheapest for domain registration. Next you will need to code your site, you might want to try Dreamweaver since I'm guessing you don't know HTML.

Source(s): Ask more specific questions and I can give you better answers.
  • 1 decade ago

You will need a domain name - can get one for $5.95 from Netfirms, http://smallr.com/87c . You will need a web host - there are free and for fee ones. For a good fee one, you can go to Netfirms again. For free, yoy can try Microsoft Office Live Small Business - http://rubyurl.com/xTSt .MS is als0 giving a free domain name (i.e. example.com) for the 1st year. This is not just for business websites, works great for other kinds of sites.

• 1 decade ago

you can go to godaddy.com and buy a domain name for 9 bucks or something. Then you can use a program called macromedia dreamweaver which helps you design your site, but it would be hard to use the program if you've never used it before.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, you may need to pay for that. Before you start paying you should start you the HTML & CSS programming Language which is used to make very simple websites.

Take a look at my site i have made using pure coding at GNETUK.CO.NR GNET.SITE.IO GNET.5GBS.COM

• 1 decade ago

You need to buy a domain name..

try www.godaddy.com

and you can build your site wiht freewebs, But set the Nameserves you use your very own .com, .net, .tv. . Anything! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.