how to sterilize your piercings jewelry

I don't have any hot-sun thing machine. What are some other things I can do at home to make sure my jewelry is clean?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm a sterilization processing technician for a hospital. For home use, you can soak items in rubbing alcohol for a minimum of 5 minutes. This is medium level disinfection. "Sterilization" is practically impossible without a medical sterilizer, and even if you had a sterilizer in your home, once you touch the jewelry with bare hands, it would no longer be "sterile".

But for jewelry (for existing piercings), sterilization is not necessary. Medium level disinfection is adequate.

For making a new piercing with a needle or stud, sterility is highly advised since you are making a new opening in skin. Adequate skin prep (betadine or chlorhexadine gluconate 4%) is recommended as well as aseptic technique with sterile gloves.

Source(s): I'm a nationally Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician
  • saner
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

How To Sterilize Jewelry

• 1 decade ago

Pour a small amount of alcohol into a cup.

Then put your jewelry in there for at least 2 hours.

God Bless you♥

• 1 decade ago

I used to soak things in pure rubbing alcohol for 10 minutes or so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the way i do it is i spray them with this anti - bacterial spray stuff then leave it for about 10 - 15 minutes come back and wash it off with hot water to kill germs :)

Source(s): it works fine with my jewelry but it may depend
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.