Auto body shop messed up

My car was rear ended. They fixed the rear end damage, but they couldn't fix the trunk remote control locking mechanism. Because the shop I used isn't part of insurance company's "network," they can't help me. I'd like to have it fixed. What recourse do I have?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    That is a load of crap. I am a bodyshop manager, if your car isnt fixed back to the way it was before the accident first take it back to the shop, if the shop will not help you call your insurance company and explain to them that the work has not yet been completed, it is not all fixed. You pay your premiums for a reason, so your car gets fixed when it's involved in an accident. There is no such thing as a "network", they are refering to a "service first" shop, all that means is that its easier for the insurance company to use them, you can legally have your car fixed ANYWHERE you choose, you own the car AND the insurance policy. Dont let them B.S. you into not finishing the job, tell them if they do not finish it they will be speaking with your lawyer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.