Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How do i disable some processes from Norton 2007 that wont affect it at all, basically useless???

i noticed since i installed Norton 2007, my computer is running slower than it was..so im thinking of disabling some processes of Norton but i dont know which ones are safe...and wont affect when using Norton

this is some processes that I have..is there any more that u think are might be running in the background?

1. C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe

2. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi shorty,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Most slowdowns occur due to either an infection, a lack of system resources or a software conflict. Make sure that you do not have any other third-party antivirus or internet security applications installed, as they can cause conflicts with Norton Internet Security. Make sure that the Windows Firewall is disabled, as you never want to have more than one firewall running or there will be software conflicts that will leave your computer vulnerable to attack.

Please read the information in the following document for help with optimizing your system resources, updating Norton Internet Security and scanning your system for infections.

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nip.nsf/docid...

Thank you,

Mike

Michael York

Norton Authorized Support Team

Symantec Corporation

• 1 decade ago

Don't do that, you'll weaken or disable your security. I'd just uninstall Norton and install less "resource hungry" security apps. Avira is highly rated and cheap, plus has a free version (bugs you a couple times a day to buy the pro version). There are many "security suites" that have a trial period, so try something else! Note also that Windows Defender is free and scans for spyware/malware. I use Avira as anti-virus and Windows Defender for spyware/malware protection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.