Someone told that hair don't need energy. While I have been oiling my hair since I was young.

I was told since I was a child that hair need energy. Putting oil in hair is the best way to do that because if you don't oil your hair then they take energy from your brain. And I believe it because it makes sense and is logical. Someone told me that hair are dead and don't need energy and don't take energy and oiling them won't make a difference.

Can someone please clear this dilemma. What's right and what's wrong.

Favorite Answer

Hair is made up of a protein called keratin. It does not need energy. Putting oil in your hair is not giving it energy but giving it moisture. I'm assuming you have dry hair and that is why you would need oil and not a normal conditioner. Hair is not dead but it's not alive either. If you don't put oil on your hair, the hair will not drain you of energy but it will probably break easily and become very brittle. I hope this helps you some.