i keep getting a pop up that say i have trojan-downloader.win32.agent.bq
and i need to click here to fix it. when i click, i of course have to buy some software. my antivirus (mcafee) and spyware cleaner (spybot s&d) dont find this. how can i remove it because the pop up is annoying. thanx
- ABdALv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Try Simply Super Software's Trojan Remover
Possibly this was not found by McAfee or SpyBot because you have an outdated virus/spyware definitions:
Have you tried the following?
1. Update your antivirus and antispyware definition databases.
2. Disable your System Restore [Start>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore>>System Restore Settings>>check Turn off System Restore],
3. Clean up all Temporary and Recycle Bins. Use ATF-Cleaner from http://www.atribune.org/ , or use CCleaner from http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_Portable_d5735....
4. Boot to Safe Mode, [restart, press F8, choose Safe Mode, login] then run your anti-virus. Clean/Quarantine when necessary.
5. In Safe Mode, also scan for spyware, or malwares using Spybot-Search & Destroy http://www.spybot.com/en/download/index.html Clean and purge when prompted.