Do you have to wait for 6 month in order to take behind-the- wheel test in California?

Im under 17 so Im kinda under age, but i was wondering does the DMV required you to wait for 6 month in order for you to go take the test because i am already finish with my 40 hours of training with my parent and they think Im ready to take the test so I was wondering is that possible?

Favorite Answer

You are not going to learn everything you need to know about driving in 40 hours. Even when driving the same roads everyday you will see different situations that you didn't see yesterday. And how cool will you be when you sit behind the wheel next to someone you've never seen before, who is holding a clipboard, who is going to tell you what to do and where to go and then tell you whether or not you passed your road test? If you think you can handle that without breaking a sweat, you should be in pretty good shape. Practice all you can.

All the best.

Source(s): former driver's license examiner driver safety consultant

You need to wait 6 months or until you turn 18, whichever comes first.

yes, you need to wait at least six months after the day you first got your permit to take the test

don't wait too long, your permit expires after one year.