Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Girls Only! Please Help !?!

We went fishing Monday and I jumped of the boat a couple times and swam. I spent from 3:45 until 8:25 in a wet soggy bathing suit. When we got home, I was itchy "Down There" so I had a shower and put a bit of Canesten on the spot. It is now Thursday, and It is still itchy. On Wednesday, I wiped after going the washroom and right between the Vaginal opening and Anus, there was pain. Like a burning pain. I want to know what this is and what to do. PLEASE HELP!!

I need to know if it is an infection or what. It isn't inside of my vagina, it is right between my Anus and my Vagina

Favorite Answer

keeping a wet swimsuit or underwear on for a long period of time can cause you to get a yeast infection. That, if left untreated, can cause irritation to that area. You can go to www.webmd.com. They have a symptom checker there, and you can also go to your local drug store to get some medication. You know, monastat, that you can use in as little as one treatment. I know for urinary tract infections they have a test that you can buy at the drug store now that will show you if you do infact have a u.t.i., but I am not sure if they have one for yeast infections. I would recommend getting the monastat three or the one you use for seven days, just because from past personal experience, the one day medication didnt seem to work and was a wast of money when I had to go back and get the three day treatment.

• Faith

Well at first it sounded like a yeast infection, but the itching would be more inside and maybe some outside the vaginal opening.

I wonder if you have like a diaper rash in that area. I once did and it was SO PAINFUL and burned. It iched some too at first. I saw the dr. and I was told it was pretty much a diaper rash. lol I had worn a pad to long I guess.

I was told to get some Desitin (if you are parent you know about this. You can buy it anywhere like the grocery store or Walmart where ever)

http://www.amazon.com/Desitin-Diaper-Ointment-Crea...

My pain was so bad the only way I could lay down was on my side. When I saw the dr. at the OB/GYN it was the first time in my life to see a GYN dr. gasp when he looked at me. He gasped and said "That must hurt!" lol I can't tell you how I wanted to die and crawl under a rock. lol

Desitin is VERY messy so wear a pad. Also if this doesn't give you some comfort I'd see a dr. just in case.

Source(s): homeschooling mom - I've had something like this.

Sounds like a yeast infection. Make an appointment with your dr.

It could be a irritation, go see your doctor in case it is something more or talk to your mom.