♡ shut up ♡ asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

Can I feed my gerbil grapes?

I have a 6 month old female gerbil.

I was wondering if I could cut up a grape for her?

Like, is it safe for her to eat grapes?

K, I'm confused. They are deadly, as said by somebody, but somebody else tells me she feeds her gerbil grapes all the time...I don't know...I don't wanna risk it til I know for sure...

Alright, I'm not gonna give her grapes then.

Favorite Answer

NO NEVER FEED THEM GRAPES!!! too sweet you might cause disease like diabetes etc. those disease might not take her life away in a short period but it can cause great pain in her life time, a torture. same thing with peanut butter or jam.

i have about 26 hamsters and they live just fine without those junk foods.

for my advice you can give them carrot, cucumber, or lettuce as a little treats

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

i know you want to but they have this toxic stuff in them and can easily kill small animals. for some it takes a while to tke effect and others die instantly. my friend had a dog and she fed it grapes all the time, but someone i work with gave her dog one grape and it was very sick, she had to take it to the emergency vet. the dog is ok and did not die but almost. and if one grape can almost kill a dog, then one grape can easily kill 10 gerbils.

NO grapes

Source(s): petsmart employee, and rodent owner

I have owned around 20 gerbils in my lifetime and i feed them grapes every now and then adn they love them. They are completely fine serioulsy, i just wouldnt over do it because they could give them diaroeaha, like once a week/month?

i know grapes are deadly for dogs and cats, but for gerbils, I'm not sure. i also have gerbils, 6 of them and i haven't even thought of it. your best option is to phone your local pet store or the vet and they will give you the right answer.

yea i have a gerbil and its been living quite a long time and i feed it grapes all the time

Natural fruit and veggies are great treats for rodents. It will not cause any diseases like diabetes or anything because the sugars in fruit are natural and are not processed or chemically altered like candy, soda, or cake. Natural sugars are perfectly fine and are actually needed for your cell's energy. Fruit and veggies also have many vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to rodents (and people too). They are great health foods and you can even buy rodent treats with dried fruit, veggies, and nuts in them. Good luck.

EDIT:

Of course Peanut butter and jam are bad for a rodent. They're not healthy for a person eaither. Natural/Organic/Fresh fruits and veggies are great for plant loving rodents and people too.

grapes are fine just don't feed them often or your gerbil will get diarrhea

NO. Your gerbil will love them, but they are deadly.

my dog won't even eat gapes I doubt your gerbil will

• ya ttly i give them to my hamster all the time