which one would you choose?

to men- Ugly fat feminine woman non-feminist? or Pretty thin feminist woman?

to women- short ugly poor man who believes in Equality of Gender? or tall nice-looking and rich man who believes Male superiority?

No offense intended. The description is nothing more than supposition.

Favorite Answer

Uh, I could never be seriously involved with a man who didn't consider me to be human. The only men I've ever found appealing have all been feminists.

Sexism is disgusting. Whatever he looks like, the moment I learn a guy is sexist, he becomes revolting to me.

I'd have to know more about what you mean by "feminist." I couldn't put up with a female supremacist, or even somebody who thinks that there isn't a single difference between men and women other than who has babies and what society teaches us. But I'm not a real traditional guy in a lot of ways myself.

Just purely off that information and nothing else, I'd remain single. But if I have to choose, I'll go with the traditionalist.

It depends on what is meant by 'feminist.'

The term, unfortunately, has been adopted by two different groups of people who are almost diametrically opposed. One simply seeks equality of opportunity, and for gender to be ignored in matters it doesn't pertain to. The other group are simply female bigots who hate men and are not interested in equality of opportunity at all. So, unfortunately, when using the word 'feminist' it is necessary to clarify whether one is speaking of the sort of feminist who is a bigot or the sort of feminist who opposes bigots.

So, if it was the first type of feminist, this would be a positive quality, and of course being physically attractive only adds to it. But I would not date a bigot, regardless of what she looked like.

(For the record, if it is the bigoted sort of feminist, then I would date neither of them. I never lower my standards out of desperation to get a date - either I'm with a woman who I'm attracted to on ALL levels, or if I can't find such a woman, I stay single for a while. Whether or not we consider it unfortunate, physical attraction is very much part of what makes the chemistry of a relationship, and it can't be compromised without removing something important from the bond.)

• Missy

I'm shallow, I'd choose the latter.

Oh wait, I'm dating the latter.

Uh oh.

Ummm...this just got awkward. Now, I'm going to have to go into detail about our SAHM and "who does the dishes" arguements right? I win every time, in case you were interested. Who says male supremacists can't be changed...or at least persuaded a bit? We've both taught each other a lot. Sure beats dating an ugly dude.

Edit: No offence whatsoever Sam, s'all good! :)

...but I am "da man" at persuasion. Whatever sexist values he has left in him has been diminished so much since I met him. His question of "Why isn't supper ready?" when I had worked all day and he had the day off and I had just walked in the door, has only happened once. Otherwise, I clearly would not still be with him.

Why is a man who believes in equality for the genders characterized as short, ugly and poor to you? And, vice versa with the female details.

I strongly beg to differ. What someone believes has nothing to do with what their appearance is.

Definitely the tall nice-looking male one, so long as he realised that if he wanted me to regard him as superior he would have to behave in a way that proved he was.

What a choice. Depends on what kind of relationship I'm looking for. A fling - the latter. A serious relationship - the former. No way could I have a serious relationship with a sexist pig. (Sorry Kitana ...)

Kitana - fair enough :-) though you still have more patience than me!

• Andy C

I believe in pink and yellow penguins.

Just because no one has ever documented their existance - doesnt mean they don't.

Besides - better than believing in a lot of other rubbish.

That and I doubt the choice is that .... well positioned.

The one I am in love with of course.