Interesting History (not too Fat) books?

I'm 14. Something i'm capable of reading and not too umm...complicated? I'm supposing whoever answers has an interest in history.

Favorite Answer

Um...depends. I'm a big fan of Tudor history. I suppose it depends on if you want fact or fiction and your definition of 'fat'.

For fiction, try Phillipa Gregory. She's my favorite. Or shorter, Robin Maxwell or Nicole Galland. A lot shorter and simpler: Carolyn Meyer.

Fact, Elizabeth Jenkins or Anne Somerset. I'm more of a fiction person, but they are both good.

• Marti

fiction: Celia Rees has some good ones

fact: Howard Zinn. A People's History of the United States of America. It's BIG, but is made up of many smaller essays.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/subjects/history/ind...

search through here to find other stuff. History is BIG. Do you want American? Ancient civilizations? Renaissance?

The Crucible -I'm sure your going to have to read it sometime during high school, for me it was last year - my junior year -so you might as well get it over with. It wasn't really all that bad, it's written like a play so it's short, and it about Salem witch trials.

fact or fiction??