I think I married my wife more for my kids than me

I had twins with my girlfriend and found that she cheated around the time she got pregnant, so I left her because we had to get a test to see if I was the dad, and I was, so I met a different girl and married her because she's soo great with my kids, she's a children's psychologist I know I could be happier with a different girl, but my kids love my wife more than I do, it just scares me to get the divorce done

Favorite Answer

Oops hastily married on the rebound huh? How old are the twins? I take it they live with you and your wife although she is not their mother?

If they are still babies do it now if you are going to. Don't drag it out or else bitterness and resentment will start to set in (if it hasn't already). I do however think you should be honest with your wife and end the marriage amicably if you can.

Best of luck :-)

There's always the possiblilty you (me, the next door neighbor) could be happier with someone else.

I don't think anyone gets married to someone who is not the mother of their children For their children.

You wanted this, you got it.

Just don't fantasize that she'll be available if you change your mind after a divorce. She probably could be happier with a different guy, too....

• Lunais

I hate to break reality to you but love isn't needed for marriage but commitment is!!!

Sure if there's love, it just makes life more beautiful with the person but life would also be beautiful if the person is kind, loving, and committed too!

You might have married your spouse out of necessity but love can be nurtured with patience and committment. If not for your marriage sake, then atleast for children sake, TRY to love her.

And just know--where there is love, there's no place for selfishness! So think about ur wife and kids before you think about ur needs and wants!

Life's about your kids now. Suck it up and raise them right. Once they're gone and you have an empty nest, then you can focus on yourself.

I'm sorry but because of the choices you made, your duty and responsibility is to your children now. Don't make selfish decisions that will impact their lives negatively.

• Disha

You do not need to stay because if you not happy than no way you can be good father.

Ouch!

Do what's right for you. Your kids will recover if they are young enough when it happens.

think of the children