song interpretation!

okay so this is a bet that i need help winning haha

my friend and i were riding down the road and the song "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Cole came one. I'm expecting a little girl and i had planned on naming her Sunny for some time now (just a coincidence with the song.. no relation). my friend didnt really like the name she said it made her sound like a hippie. so when that song came on she says "See! another reason not to name that baby Sunny!! She's a killer in this song!!" i do see how she could get that idea.. there a lyrics like "Sunny came home with a list of names" and "Its time for a few small repairs she said, Sunny came home with a vengeance.."

as much as i love that name, now that i know that song may be about a killer named Sunny.. it kinda turns me away from of it for some reason. Can you please tell me your interpretation of this song?? thnx for your help!

Favorite Answer

First of all, if you want to name your baby Sunny, then I think that you should... regardless on if he/she will sound like a "hippie". Hippies are cool.

Secondly, I think 2 things about the song -- yeah, could sound like a killer, but I thought it could be about sex, like "came home with a list of names..." or her partner is having sex... say her boyfriend is cheating on her, she found the list of names...

It really shouldn't matter -- it's just a song, and I think the name is very adorable. :-)

xoxox

• anthia

Kind of a self-explanatory track. No essential again tale, despite the fact that. There's a canopy of "Hey Joe" via Type O Negative... it is known as "Hey Pete," alternatively, and the boyfriend "cuts his girl down" with an ax alternatively than capturing her down with a gun.