Yukina asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

I have a 30 gallon normal square tank, what type of Cichlid can I add there?

And how much cichlid can I add?

(I like the african cichlid) I believe that they are colorful and pretty. (You can recommend other types besides african too as long as they are colorfully bright)

I want cichlid to be from easy to moderate, not difficut like discus (though I would love to have discus again one day when I'm more prepared) I also want them to be small or medium, but not the dwarf ones.

I know that they are aggressive, but what are the different types of cichlid (and maybe other non-cichlids) that can be added together in a 30 gallon tank without hurting/killing each other.

Forgot to add, I have had experience with cichlids, but that was 4-6 years ago.

Favorite Answer

You could get some Kribensis cichlids. They stay small, are relatively peacefull (I have them with Neon tetras and guppies). They are colourfull and pretty hardy too.

Ian

I like the Painted Convicts myself. Make sure you provide many hiding places for fish to hide as Cichlids tend to pick on eachother.

an electric blue jack demsey but you will need to get a bigger tank in 3-4 years.

Wow.

Debbie O