Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

If I take 150g of protein everyday, how long until I see results?

I was a vegetarian so from today I am taking 150g of protein everyday, I want to build some muscle.

Shall I not exercise for 1 week until my body gets used to the protein?

Favorite Answer

For weight lifters, you generally want 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. So 150g of protein would be great if you weigh 150 pounds.

In the vegetarian/vegan section, you will get a lot of people saying "You don't need that much protein." For a non-active non-weight-lifter, they are correct.

As a weight lifter, you need a lot more. Weight lifters have been known to have a negative nitrogen balance (their body is eating it's own protien!) even at 250 percent of the RDA for protein for their body weight. See my sources.

You don't need to wait a week before you start working out. Go ahead and dive in!

I highly recommend you include "The Big Three" in your workout program. These are: Bench Press, Squat, and Deadlift. They are very important when it comes to make you more anabolic.

You can see my 2nd source to get a great example program.

You need to do some research Bro. The fact is your body can only take in so much protein per day then it starts to reject it and kick it out. It will make no difference that your body gets used to the protein or not. Train regular and eat carbs, protein and drink water. At the end of the day it is down to metabolism, eat the right foods small and often, (Every three hours) and train 3 or 4 times per week alternating the body parts, ie chest and shoulders Monday, Legs and back wednesday etc.. Slowly but surely that's the answer.

You must exercise with heavy weights to see a difference; do not take a break to let your body "get used to" the protein. If you follow a decent program similar to the Body for Life weight training schedule, you will see results in 4 or 5 weeks.

Source(s): Been there. I stayed away from sugar and simple carbs, drank about 150g of protein shakes every day and worked out 5 days a week. I saw changes after about 4 weeks.

150 g of protein is more than your body needs for muscle building. When you eat more protein than your body needs, you simply metabolize it into sugar and fat (calories.) The excess nitrogen is excreted by your kidneys. If you have healthy kidneys that's no problem.

Well, let's see.. the results of WHAT?!

I will tell you: osteoporosis, kidney strain, gout, arthritis, etc.

TOO MUCH PROTEIN SUCKS! IT IS BAD FOR YOU BECAUSE IT RENDERS YOUR SYSTEM TOO ACIDIC!

Source(s): For all the people touting mega protein for weightlifting, may I remind you that there are plenty of beefy guys who have poor health and lift weights! It doesn't protect you from cancer!

what are you taking that has 150g of protein?????? let me know .