Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

What's a good tattoo to get in memory of....

...my brother who died of a drug overdose in February? He didn't really have many interests in the last years of his life other than drugs. He had a silver chain with a blinged out cross on it but he pawned it before he died so I don't know how it exactley looked now but it was nice.. Also I was thinking of a hummingbird..? Theres a story behind that but do you know where I could find one that isn't too girly...

Any other suggestions would be awesome, thanks

Favorite Answer

right get a tattooed chain on your ankle going round. and then have a cross tattooed attatched to the chain and have his name in the middle of the cross

To find a picture of a hummingbird you can search it on photobucket or just google hummingbird pics. The hummingbird idea from what you have told sounds good if there is a meaningful story behind it. You can just get in memory of with his name in some pretty script. It is really up to you and what is in your heart. To gather some ideas you can google memorial tattoos. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

You could do the chain he had or however you remember him by, if there is something specific about him that stands out to you. A couple years ago a friend of mines dad died and what he did was get a tattoo of his signature and below it the year he was born and the year he died.

As long as it's meaningful to you is all that matters.

You can't go wrong with a cross or angel wings. I would get white angel wings between my shoulder blades or lower back. The tips would be his/her favorite color. I would also put 'In Memory Of' [name] written in between the wings. I've seen alot of people with crosses and the persons name wrote down the middle with In Memory Of wrapped around the cross. Hummingbird also sounds nice. I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you the best.

The best idea is what you can remember of them. A cross to me is to cliche & often tells someone how religious you are. If the hummingbird works the best for you, than do it.

Isn't there a better way to remember your brother? A tattoo doesn't actually do anything. What about volunteering at a drug hotline or at a rehabilitation center or help people with interventions or public awareness. Doing something that may actual prevent another tragic death seems a much better way to remember your brother than some ink.

y dont ya ask 1 of his friends wat it looked like? hummingbird with a heart chain with his name on it not to big in the birds claws carrying it to heaven