Katie C asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

can I lose 30 pounds in two weeks, if I starve myself?

• KitKat
    Favorite Answer

You can lose 30 pounds in about 10 seconds by cutting your legs off, but is it safe or advisable? No, and neither is starving yourself. Get off your butt and exercise.

Darlin, starving yourself is not the way to go. Trust me I used to want to go to extreme measures to lose weight, but I could never bring myself to do it. Once you list the pros and cons you'll realize that your health is the most important thing to you. You've got that body for the rest of your life so make the best of it. Don't endanger your health, your life, for pounds that you WILL gain back. I, personally, hated working out, I've been relatively sedentary for the past 6 years and I've smoked for the past 5 years. It's been two weeks since I started running on a treadmill everyday, and I've never felt better about myself. No I haven't lost all the weight I want to, but within time it will happen. SIMPLE TIP: Burn more calories than you eat and you'll shed pounds and keep them off. Losing weight isn't something you do for two weeks and expect the weight to never come back. Losing weight is a life-style change, for the better. I hope I've helped and I hope you make the right decision. Good Luck!

Ah, yes.

I've heard this question so many times.

That is pretty much what anorexics go through. I've been there, and thankfully recovered... partially (I'm still trying to go back to normal eating habits).

And I can tell you that it's not worth or, and it's definitely NOT the way to keep OFF the pounds. After a few hours, even, your body goes into starvation mode, and your metabolism slows down. If it's been slowed down long enough, it slows permanently so that when you start eating normally again, you pack on the pounds... again.

AND it's extremely hard to fast anyway. Don't do it. It's not worth it. Why deprive yourself of delicious food if you can eat AND weigh less?

Eat a healthy diet and go out and exercise! Don't be a lazy a$$.

Good luck!

Are you crazy????? But last summer I did lose ALOT of weight with in quite a short time going on the Special K diet and using a 10 minute pilots movie a coule times daily as well as doing aerobic exercises for at least 30 minutes each day and doing some additional situps each day. This helped soooo much, GOOD LUCK!

No way. If you starve yourself, you'll make yourself sick. Also, when you start eating again, you'll gain the weight back because your metabolism will be so slow. There's no way you can lose that much weight in two weeks. Reasonably, you might lose 8-10 pounds if you really try.

• you probably could, but once those two weeks are over, you are left with two options. continue eating and gain the 30 pounds right back (if you starve yourself, and start eating you gain the weight back), or keep starving yourself and end up with fatal problems.

my suggestion, if you really are serious about losing weight is to start eating healthy and start exercising the right way. and if you can afford it, hire a nutritionist and a personal trainer.

Ok Theres noway you can lose 30 lbs in 2 wks period unless you get liposuction I would just eat healthy, excersize, and basically just keep active And most diets dont work But if you starve yourself youre just gonna make yourself weak and most definitely end up in the hospital Why do you need to lose it in 2 wks though?

NO. When you don't eat your body goes into famine mode and you can actually put on a few pounds before you start to lose. It is physically impossible to lose 30 pounds in two weeks unless you are very obese.

No, even if you starve yourself you won't lose that kind of weight. Don't starve yourself, that puts a lot of unhealthy strain on your body and your brain. It's a ridiculous way to lose weight, and I don't see how you would be proud of yourself for it. Good luck not developing an eating disorder.

You can't even lose 30lbs in 3 months.

Starving yourself will only make matters worse.

I mean, after the starvation mode process, once you start eating again you will gain twice the weight.

So you want to lose 30lbs, if you do this, you will gain 60lbs no doubt about it.

Just eat right and and exercise.

You should lose that weight in a healthy matter in no time.